Producing the e-courses has become a key demand to fulfill the inclusive quality of the higher education. Therefore, the Umm Al Qura University seeks to activate the role of the E-Learning and Distance Education Deanship in disseminating the e-learning culture and producing the biggest amount of e-courses.
The E-Learning and Distance Education Deanship turning the courses presented by the academic staff into e-courses as one of the modern learning patterns; and posting them on the internet with a constant follow-up in order to update them
It is a course designed by computing-based educational activities and materials. Its content is characterized with abundance in interactive multimedia components in the form of certified or non-certified software on the local network or the internet.
- Easily modifying and changing the methodology used in the way suiting the students; that’s to say, some opt for the visual method, others go for the audible or readable material and practical method suits others
- Easily reaching a teacher at the swiftest possible time apart from the official learning time as the learner is enabled to send their inquiries and ideas to the teacher via email
- It comes in handy for the students whose working hours conflict with the teacher schedule, or when there is a pressing inquiry that can not be delayed
- Perfecting the subject matter as the learner can revise it more than once and in a variety of ways
- Providing curricula all day and week gives an advantage to the students with various mood patterns; in other words, some students prefer morning time and others are active during evening time or the students who shoulder personal burdens and responsibilities
- Easily assessing the student by providing immediate assessment methods , and by giving the teacher various ways to classify the students in a light of a specific standard
- Reducing the administrative burdens which consume a big time of each class , and receiving and correcting assignments using the E-Learning Management Program (D2L)
- Requirements of bidding for the e-courses production
- Stages of e-courses production
- E-courses status
- Produced e-courses
- Models used for producing the e-courses