The Department of Research and Studies is concerned with proposing and preparing studies and research, and providing consultation related to the fields of e-learning and distance education based on the research line adopted by the deanship. This is with the aim of developing the culture of e-learning and distance education at the university, as well as creating a leading standing for the university at the national level.
Excellence in studies and research within the fields of e-learning and distance education.
Contributing to the research movement at Umm Al-Qura University through the outputs of scientific research and studies in the field of e-learning and distance education, providing consultation services at a high-quality international level, and contributing to improving the educational outcomes of the university.
- Conducting scientific research and publishing papers in internationally classified journals.
- Developing research and community relationships and partnerships with relevant sectors, both locally and internationally.
- Establishing/participating in scientific conferences, forums, and workshops.
- Providing scientific and financial support to postgraduate students.
- Spreading awareness of the importance of e-learning in the academic and student circles.
- Recruiting experienced research staff at Umm Al-Qura University in various related disciplines.
- Providing studies and consulting services in the field of e-learning and distance education.
- Developing the deanship's ability in self-financing.
- Conducting studies and research.
- Providing technical and administrative consultation.
- Establishing policies for conducting research and studies, as well as data utilization policies.