Umm Al-Qura University
Request to Book a Virtual Event
Conditions set by the administration before the event:
- The application must be submitted four days before the event (four business days).
- The number of attendees must be 500 or more.
- An excel file containing all the data of the speakers and supervisors (full name and university email) must be attached: Click here.
- The presentation of the events is the responsibility of the body that booked the event, and not the responsibility of the deanship. If the number of attendees is more than 500, the deanship can take care of the presentation if the body so desires.
- If one of the speakers is from outside the university, the approval of the university’s senior management must be obtained and a security check must be completed.
- Events are run during business hours from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. To manage an event after that time, coordination will be made with the administration of the deanship.
- The deanship’s receipt of the request does not necessarily mean approval of the request. Rather, a confirmation message of acceptance or rejection of the request will be sent within 24 hours, taking into account official holidays.
- In the event that the application is accepted, an acceptance message will be sent, which includes:
- Link to the event for attendees.
- Password for attendees.
- Link to the event for supervisors.
- Supervisors' password.
- Name of the event's technical support provider and means of communicating with them.
- The applicant must adhere to the event booking times.
- The deanship trains one person from the party responsible for managing the event and all the speakers before the start of the event.
- The Deanship of E-Learning and Distance Education does not bear any responsibility for the contents of the event presented. The responsibility rests with the applicant.
- If the duration of the event changes, the E-learning Deanship team will take care of the period that was booked on the form, and then a person trained by the applicant's side will complete procedures for the remaining time.
Conditions set by the administration during the event:
- When entering, the supervisors and speakers' names must be clear; full names should be provided.
- Determining the mechanism for attendees' posts, whether via texting or voice, noting that voice posts are possible for only a very limited number of attendees, a maximum of 5 posts. The selection is based on who raised their hands first.
- By submitting a request to book a virtual event, you agree to the aforementioned conditions.