The University Council approved at its first 1436/1437H session to promote the "English Language Center" to be the "English Language Institute".
1. Obtaining the International Academic Accreditation as a center for teaching English within the departments the College of Social Sciences for the academic year 1436/1437H.
2. Membership of the "Quality Assurance Program" sponsored by Oxford University in UK with a certificate in 1436H.
3. Renewal of a long-term partnership with Oxford University Press.
4. Holding scientific, academic and training lectures participated into by distinguished experts from home and abroad for staff members.