Umm Al-Qura University
Role of the Student in Academic Advising
- The student is responsible for their own performance. The advisor's role is only to guide and help the student to overcome the difficulties and problems they may face.
- Reading the unified regulations for postgraduate studies and understanding the bylaws pertaining to postgraduate studies.
- Being acquainted with the timetable of the Deanship of Postgraduate Studies and reading it each semester to know the dates of registration, postponement, and apology, etc. Being punctual when meeting the academic advisor who is designated to each student by the department, and giving them all the information they need.
- Carrying out the academic advisor's recommendations according to the agreed-upon dates.
- Informing the advisor about any changes that may affect the student's program or educational performance.