The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering works according to the general vision of the college and that of the university, which pays great attention to education, learning, scientific research, as well as their outcomes. This is in addition to making use of the aforementioned stated points in serving the local community and the Saudi community, as a whole.
This vision is reflected and clearly appears in detail in the following points:
- High quality teaching, learning and scientific research that is in line with international standards.
- Priority should be given to the Saudi community, with regard to the outcomes of education, learning and scientific research.
- Providing technical consultations and scientific research in the field of electronics and communication engineering to Saudi individuals, companies and factories.
- Improvement of the level of scientific research and its infrastructure at the department.
- The main goals of the department include pursuing the development plan and goals of the Saudi Kingdom, which are represented in the Saudi Vision 2030 that was launched by His Royal Highness Prince Muhammad bin Salman bin Abdulaziz, may Allah protect him. The department also asserts to abide by the programs of the colleges of engineering in the Saudi universities. It plays a great role in meeting the demand for Saudi engineers in the labor market.
- The department aims to prepare a generation of highly qualified Saudi engineers in the field of electronics and communication who abide by the values of the Islamic law. Such engineers will be able to keep pace with the increasing international development in the field of information technology and engineering and technological sciences. They will shoulder the responsibility of building the Saudi community and encountering challenges.
- All the academic staff at the department aim to prepare, qualify and support students, for these learners to acquire skills and knowledge in engineering sciences. They are also keen on assuring competitiveness in their professional career.
- Moreover, the department is eager to support the efforts exerted in preparing the students to take part in entrepreneurship in the field of engineering to benefit their local community and produce technical solutions for the challenges that the Saudi community face.
- With the aim of keeping in line with the Saudi Vision 2030 and abiding by its principles, the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering conducts theoretical and applied research in order to solve some of the challenges of the Saudi community.