This Center was introduced in 1397 upon the recommendation of the World Conference for Islamic Teaching, held in Makkah. At first, the Center was affiliated to the Organization of Islamic Conference, then a royal order No 8/223; dated December 7, 1981, was issued having it joined the Umm Al Qura University as an independent center. Afterwards, when the Institute of Scientific Researches and Islamic Heritage Revival was established in 1406h, the Center got affiliated to it.
A number of scientifically proficient academic staff members took over the Presidency of the Center
In 1436, the Center got affiliated to the Scientific Research Deanship after it was created under the title “Scientific Research Vice-deanship for Research Groups and Centers Affairs.