The Dean of the Deanship of Scientific Research is responsible for managing the financial, administrative and technical affairs related to the university's scientific research, according to the applicable statutes and regulations. He is responsible, under the directives of the UQU's Vice President, for the following tasks:
- Supervising the preparation of the university's annual research plans and the budget needed for this, in preparation of presenting them to the Council of the Deanship.
- Disbursing amounts from the research budget, within the financial competencies authorized to the dean.
- Carrying out technical and administrative supervision of the deanship's different activities, setting out plans and work programs as well as following up their implementation.
- Supervising the work of the research centers related to the Deanship of Scientific Research, following up their activities, and evaluating their performance.
- Cooperating and coordinating with the local institutions, institutes, and research centers, inside and outside the university, as well as contacting foreign research institutions and research centers and benefiting from them to modernize and develop the movement and mechanism of scientific research in the university.
- Coordinating with the Deanship of Postgraduate Studies on all matters related to the accomplishment of the research projects of the postgraduate students, and providing the research facilities and means for them to finish their research projects and scientific theses.
- Continuously following up and organizing the provision of the financial resources needed for paying the expenses of the research financed from the university's budget or from sectors outside the university.
- Recommending specific contracts with the researchers, employees, and technicians, for specific periods, in relation to the budget for research projects supervised by the deanship.
- Evaluating the deanship's employees and submitting reports about them to the university's administration.
- Preparing the deanship's budget draft and the annual report, in preparation of submitting them to the Council of the Deanship.