Umm Al-Qura University
Plagiarism Detection Unit
- Organizing periodic awareness-raising workshops on the basics of detecting plagiarism, plagiarism detection software, and relevant rules.
- Applying the Scientific Council plagiarism detection rules.
- Providing a plagiarism detection e-service to postgraduate students and the academic staff members, using the iThenticate plagiarism detection software.
- Introducing a special program to assist researchers among the postgraduate students and academic staff members, individually (face-to-face), in groups or online. This is to overcome the difficulties that they may face in the research process in general, and to avoid plagiarism in particular (using the Research Coaching program).
- Communicating with researchers to answer questions related to plagiarism.
- Preparing periodic statistics related to using the university's plagiarism detection program.