The Deanship of Scientific Research in Umm Al-Qura University (UQU) was established in 18, Rabi` Al-Awwal, 1435 A.H. as part of a deanship system represented in the University Council. It is structurally connected with the Vice-Presidency for Graduate Studies and Scientific Research.
To make Umm Al-Qura University an accredited research reference in the sciences, a basic partner in the management and entrepreneurship of the knowledge economy and society, and a cornerstone in supporting scientific decision-making in the Kingdom.
This will provide an integral environment that stimulates the production of excellent research which will reinforce scientific publishing and knowledge outcomes quantitatively and qualitatively. This will also promote interdisciplinary integration and strengthen partnership with society and industry.
- To ensure integration between all relevant bodies in the field of scientific research at the university.
- To motivate excellent scientific research.
- To provide a scientific milieu for notable talent.
- To set forth benchmarks to measure and assess scientific activity and contribute to future planning.
- To achieve an appropriate amount of financial resources for scientific research.
- To upgrade administrative organization and executive rules that support scientific research so as to ensure competency and effectiveness.
- To encourage research in the fields identified by national needs.
- To quantitatively and qualitatively increase scientific publishing and knowledge outcomes.
- To develop and finance research programs in the university.
- To qualify and upgrade human resources in the university to improve research performance.
- To activate the concept of research integrity.
- To consolidate international partnership and cooperation in scientific research.
- To enhance partnerships between the university, society, and industry sectors.