Description of the Unit:
The unit works to build and prepare a database including the classified research projects in the ISI and Scopus databases of the academic staff members and the researchers in the university, updating them regularly and proposing awards to honor the members who publish research papers in the classified scientific journals within the following databases: (Web of Science) and (Scopus). This is in addition to promoting the culture of excellence in the field of scientific publishing among the academic staff members as well as the researchers, besides promoting values of creativity, innovation, and competition and supporting the university efforts in the field of scientific publication.
Objectives of the Unit:
- Supporting the culture of excellence in scientific publication.
- Developing the capabilities of the academic staff members and researchers in the field of scientific publication, in accordance with international standards.
- Motivating the researchers to publish in the prestigious scientific journals.
- Working to classify Arabic publishing containers and developing them to achieve the requirements for them to be included in the list of the global publishing databases.
- Contributing to include the university journals in the international ranking databases. Boosting real cooperation and integration between scientific journals of similar specializations.
- Broadening the publishing and distribution base to serve researchers and beneficiaries at the local and international levels.
- Contributing to boosting citation and international scientific communication in a comprehensive and sustainable manner.
- Being up to par with international publishing standards, and avoiding wrong practices in this regard. Carrying out regular technical reviews of the results of the assessment of the scientific journals.
Duties of the Unit:
- Providing consultation and technical support for the academic staff members as well as the researchers to publish their scientific materials in prestigious international journals.
- Providing consultation and technical support for the scientific journals issued by the university.
- Organizing training courses and workshops in the fields of scientific research and international publishing.
- Working to include the university scientific journals issued in the Arabic language in the Arabic journal databases, such as: the Arab Certificate Impact Factor or the Arabic Citation Index)
Supervisor of the unit: Prof. Muhammad Fawzy Ramadan
Email: [email protected]
Address: Deanship of Scientific Research Building, Umm Al-Qura University, Al-Abdiyyah, Makkah.
Email of the deanship: [email protected]
Phone number: 00966125270000 Extension: 5088