College of Business Administration's Management of the Hajj and Umrah Department was established to meet the actual and growing needs of the Saudi labor market in the sector of Hajj and Umrah as this sector is considered one of the sophisticated industries that depends upon many other key industries such as hospitality industry (including hotels, hotel apartments and restaurants), air transport industry, Mutawafs (guides) companies, internal transport of pilgrims, etc.
Study at the department started in 1433 A.H. The Department offers a bachelor's degreefor male students only. Duration of study at this department is four years including 136 credit hours. The Department aims to prepare and qualify national human resources scientifically and practically for working in the Hajj and Umrah industry. This can be achieved through providing undergraduates with knowledge and professional skills that keep pace with the labor market's needs and the development in the services offered to pilgrims and the Umrah people.
The Department's Objectives:
- Scientifically qualify human resources to work in the local labor market and different areas of the Hajj and Umrah.
- Provide continuing training and qualification for those working in the private and public sectors of the Hajj and Umrah.
- Qualify the undergraduates to manage the Mutawafs establishments effectively by providing them with training during their study on how to organize groups of pilgrims, their trips and reservations.
- Qualify the undergraduates to manage crowds and guide pilgrims through the holy sites competently and professionally in order to avoid risks of crowdedness and stampede.
- Provide students with basic principles and concepts required to deal with cultural differences among pilgrims and the Umrah people to avoid cultural clashes.
- Identify the obstacles and problems that hinder the activities of the hajj and Umrah sector by conducting research and studies with a view to develop new methods and techniques that would improve the services offered to pilgrims.
- Develop the graduates' skills through theories and criteria that govern human behavior, and the scientific basis of how to manage individuals and human relationships given that individuals are the most important resource of an organization, with a view to shape the future managers' thought with respect to such important administrative aspect.
- Encourage students to continue their postgraduate studies and set their sights on any developments in the field of their specialization.
- Qualify graduates who believe in the honor and value of offering services to pilgrims.
- Prepare human resources well-trained on managing the Hajj and Umrah activities effectively.
- Provide graduates specialized in areas of offering services to delegations of pilgrims and the Umrah people.
Graduates' Work Fields:
- Private Mutawafs establishments
- Ministry of Hajj and its branches
- Domestic pilgrims companies
- Foreign Umrah companies
- Al Mashaaer Al Mugaddassah Metro
- The Development Commission of Makkah Al Mukarramah and Mashaaer (DCOMM)
- Crowds Mangement Sectors
- Organizing conferences and religious events
- Job opportunities in hotels and tourism companies