This unit is concerned with providing the departments with female teaching assistants, and ensuring that they are sent on scholarships to the most prestigious and internationally acclaimed universities. This is done with the aim of sustaining the high-level, future performance of academic staff members.
Helping scholarship students to overcome difficulties.
Duties of the Unit:
- Coordinating with the different college units in all related fields.
- Implementing and monitoring the scholarship policy of the college.
- Supervising the monitoring of the conditions of scholarship students aboard, in coordination with the relevant departments.
- Following up the updating of the college website regarding the unit.
- Executing the tasks assigned to the unit by the dean of the college.
- Considering the recommendations made by the department and college councils in relation to awarding scholarships to female teaching assistants and lecturers, coordinating with them, and offering recommendations according to what they deem appropriate, in light of the annual scholarship plan, while taking into account the following points:
- The number of Saudi college members and their percentage of the total number of academic members in the department, in addition to their precise specializations and respective teaching loads.
- The number of the lecturers and teaching assistants in the department.
- The number of scholarship students from the department, the expected dates of their return, and their precise specializations.
- Recommendations on selecting academic staff members for scholarships.
- Recommendations on extending or terminating a scholarship, based on the proposals submitted by the department and college councils.
- The monitoring of the conditions of scholarship students in coordination with the scientific departments, along with the submission of a report on scholarship students who experience academic failure halfway through their study period.
- Preparation of a detailed annual report on the status of scholarships at the college level.