The student council of the college of social sciences was established at the beginning of the second semester of the academic year 1439 A.H., as a linking point between the students, and the departments and the college.
Contributing actively to the achievement of the college vision to become a leading college at the regional and international levels and affirming the student's role as a cornerstone in reaching this end.
Building partnerships between the students and the college administration. Promoting dialogue and communication. Addressing students’ issues in the college. Protecting student's rights. Improving student's conditions and providing services for them. Contributing to developing the student's community and social transformation in line with Saudi Vision 2030.
- Communicating and consolidating links between the college administration and its students in such a manner that will help improve the educational process and the services provided inside the college.
- Checking students' opinions on the activities and services provided for them inside the college Supporting them in achieving their aspirations. Conveying their messages to the officials. Checking on and following up their problems. Participating effectively in providing the necessary awareness for them.
- Cooperating to make the college the best place to receive knowledge and a fertile environment to consolidate morals and principles and create harmony among all staff.
- Participating effectively in the events and activities of the college through cooperation and momentum building and sensing the meaning of giving to elevate oneself and to upgrade the college.
Term of Student Council:
- The term of the student council is one year, after which new election should follow to nominate either a completely new council or a mixed council of old and new members.
- The term starts at the beginning of the first semester and all the new members are nominated at the beginning of each academic year.
Nomination Standards for the Student Council:
Students nominated for the student council must possess:
- Leadership qualities.
- Spirit of cooperation.
- Spirit of initiative
- The necessary skills to work in a team.
- Good conduct and behavior.
- Effective communication skills.