Under the auspices of His Excellency the Minister of Education, Dr. Hamad bin Muhammad Aal Al-Sheikh, Umm Al-Qura University, represented by the College of Social Sciences, organizes the first international conference:
"Makkah at the Heart of Sciences"
The "Makkah at the Heart of Sciences" Conference is envisaged as a vital effort, in consonance with Saudi Arabia’s Vision 2030 and Umm Al-Qura’s own mission, to present Makkah as a beacon of science. This conference aims to attract researchers interested in various fields related to Makkah, including the sacredness of the place, its Islamic history, geography, and architecture, to enrich and sustain research on the Holy City.
achieve pioneering excellence in academic research on Makkah and Islam.
The Conference aims to:
1. provide a multidisciplinary platform for researchers and specialists in various fields from the Islamic, Arab, and Western countries, where they can share their academic research on Makkah.
2. consolidate the religious, civilizational, scientific, cultural, and social roles of Makkah as a meeting place for many people from different customs, traditions and cultures during the Hajj and Umrah seasons.
3. document the efforts of the government of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques (may Allah protect him) to develop Makkah and improve the services provided to its guests, including pilgrims, Umrah visitors, tourists, and entrepreneurs.
4. serve the scientific movement in Saudi Arabia and Islamic culture, strengthen the love of Makkah among the Muslims, and show its timeless value to others.
5. encourage researchers from inside and outside Saudi Arabia to submit and publish peer-reviewed scientific contributions that serve and enrich Makkah’s history, culture,and science, in Arabic and other languages.