Duties of the College Council
Article 34 of the Higher Education and Universities Law stipulates the following:
The College Council shall consider issues pertaining to the college, specifically:
- Propose the appointment of staff members, teaching assistants and lecturers as well as decide their secondment, delegation, and promotion.
- Propose the academic plans, including modifications thereto, and coordinate with the relevant departments.
- - Propose curricula, textbook and references for the college departments.
- Promote academic research and coordinate between different departments of the college and institute to arrange their publication.
- Propose exam schedules and set regulations for setting them.
- Propose college internal rules and regulations.
- Propose the training plans and scholarships necessary for the college.
- Propose plans for the college extracurricular activities.
- Take decisions related to student affairs within its capacity and make recommendations to the University Council for other student matters.
- Consider any issues referred by the University Council, its president, or its vice president for review and comment.