The Responsibilities of the Heads of the Departments:
- Chairing the Council of the Department and implementing its decisions and following up on them.
- Setting plans and programs that would improve the academic performance of the department, in a manner consistent with the responsibilities assigned to others, in addition to reporting that to the Dean of the College after presenting them to the Councils of the Department and the College.
- Periodically reviewing and evaluating, to improve the scientific and academic curricula of the department and present them to the Council of the College.
- Approving on the governmental entities requesting the assistance of the teaching staff members and people of similar status from the Saudis and retired department’s affiliates to give lectures or participate in seminars and conferences or workshops that are being organized by such entities, or to participate in scientific theses defenses inside the Kingdom, shouldn’t it have any negative impact on their performance in the department and shouldn’t the university bear any financial expenses as a result. This is to be presented before the Council of the College.
- Holding a meeting for the students of the department at least once in every academic semester to be familiar with their needs, problems and difficulties through their scientific path in the university. Listening to the students’ suggestions and opinions, and finding the required solutions for such, in addition to submitting recommendations to the Dean of the College, if necessary.
- Participating in putting and preparing the draft budget of the department and its future plans.
- Setting the department’s study and exams’ schedules and reporting them to the Deanship of Admission and Registration, after the approval of the department.
- Participating in choosing the nominated Saudi and contracted teaching assistants, lecturers and the teaching staff members to work in the department, as per the
- Recommending the renewal or termination of the non-Saudi contracts from the teaching staff members and people of similar status, based on the performance appraisals. Recommending the recruitment of people to take some of the academic or technical jobs at the department and reporting that to the Dean.
- Conducting the performance appraisals for the teaching staff members and people of similar status from the non-Saudis, including the administrative employees working in the secretariat of the department,and reporting that to the Dean.
- Approving on dividing or postponing the leaves of the teaching staff members, lecturers, teaching assistants, technicians, and the contracted from the department affiliates, and cancel those leaves as per the organizing regulations and according to the actuals needs, and reporting that to the Deanship of Faculty Affairs.
- Informing the Deanship of the Faculty Affairs of the commencement of the teaching staff member, lecturers, teaching assistant and people of similar status from the department affiliates for their work after returning from their leaves, and reporting their absence from work to the Deanship and the Dean.
- Endorsing the certificates of experience for the department’s affiliates after making sure of the career and financial information from the relevant bodies through an official document. Awarding letters of appreciation to the department’s affiliates.
- Reporting the violations conducted by the department’s affiliates from the teaching staff members to the Dean. Requesting in written the referral of the department’s affiliates, whether administrative employees, technicians, employees, and workmen, to be investigated in whatever violations attached to them.
- Approving the annual and emergency, except for the exceptional, leaves of the administrative employees, technicians, employees, and workmen, and reporting their commencement for work after returning from the leaves or their absence from work to the Deanship of the Faculty Affairs (for the academics) and to the Department of Personnel Affairs (for the administrative employees).
- Following up on the different needs of the department and submit a written request with them to the Dean of the College.