Please Read Before the Training Period
Last update on Tuesday 9 Dhul-Qi`dah 1440 A.H.
We thank Allah and to Him we resort. Peace and prayers be upon Prophet Mohamed. After greetings,
Out of the keenness of the College of Engineering and Islamic Architecture on giving its students sufficient applied experience that contributes to improving their practical qualification level and connects them to the work environment as well as help them understand the role they play after graduation, the College gave special attention to the summer training program and has prepared it in coordination with various work sectors.
The summer training, which is distributed on two separate summer periods during the summer, is an essential part of the graduation requirements that students must meet successfully. The duration of each course is 45 days. The course provides students with the opportunity to develop practical knowledge and skills as well as connect theoretical studies with the practical reality, which would help students accept the nature of work and adapt to it, as well as develop communication skills with others.
Summer Training Administration:
It is one of the administrations of the College of Engineering and Islamic Architecture. It is subject to the administrative structure in force within the College. This administration handles all matters related to the training of students, from accepting training requests to finding training opportunities, distributing students on the various bodies and monitoring them, preparing the results of the training, providing departments with the required information for the students of each department, and many other matters related to the training.
Summer training objectives:
They can be summarized into the following points:
- Allowing students to become familiar with the work environment they are expected to work in after graduation through this training.
- Understanding the obstacles and difficulties of work and how to deal with them.
- Doing practical work in the work sector which is complementary to the educational process.
- Understanding the equipment and preparations in the work locations and connecting this to what has been learned in the College.
- Providing students with the opportunity to learn about the different employers through the summer training 1 and 2 to choose what is proper for them in their specialty field.
- Allowing students to understand the engineering problems in their environment as well as finding proper engineering solutions through research or graduation projects.
- Giving the college a clear idea on the needs of the labor market and its various requirements, which would positively affect the college both in terms of developing its curricula or opening new specialties, based on suggestions from the faculty members supervising the training of students.
To learn all about the summer training, please visit the executive regulations of the summer training.
The training can be divided into three periods:
The summer training eligibility is verified by searching for your university ID number inside the file: click here. The training eligibility is determined according to the following schedule, depending on the hours passed by the end of the first semester of each year.
- Ensuring all provisions of the summer training regulations are met, alongside the regulations of the training body, as well as ensuring that trainees abide by the instructions included in the pledge during registration.
- Students will be distributed according to their choices as well as the availability of seats at the different training organizations. No letters will be printed for some companies, including the following:
- The Saudi Electricity Company in the western region.
- King Abdullah Medical City in Makkah.
- In the event that the student does is not assigned a training body after the distribution or the student wishes to change the entity designated for them, the student must request a letter from the Summer Training Administration to the training body to obtain a seat through this electronic form.
- A maximum of three letters may be requested each time; if one of them is rejected, the student can request another one.
- For requests to consider deleting the summer training course for special reasons, please fill out this form.
- For requests to consider adding the summer training course, please fill out this form.
- The names of the following companies can be used for each department; a letter can be requested for other entities as well: (Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering).
- A letter will be received from the Summer Training Administration after 12:00 p.m. every day for the requests submitted on the previous day.
- The student should submit the letter to the company, in which he is requesting training.
- After the student obtains approval for training, they will send a letter of approval to the Training Administration and then obtain evaluation papers on the specified delivery dates.
- Commitment to attend the summer training lecture at the end of the second semester (five marks out of the total evaluation will be assigned for attending the lecture).