The Vice Deanship of Post-graduate Studies and Research pays thorough attention to management of master programs, and coordination with the specialized departments that offer such programs to put into effect the regulations of the UQU Deanship of Post-Graduate Studies. It seeks, also, to develop and promote the academic environment, and regularly follow up the needs and requirements of students at this juncture. This includes, but is not limited to, admission, reports, and results, as well as seminars of master theses and graduation projects.
Moreover, the Vice Deanship shows keen interest in developing research, and boosting research participations (in terms of both quantity and quality). That is to be added to reviewing achievements on an annual basis, and the national, regional and international classifications, to identify the rank of the college in the field of research and innovation, as well as patenting.
Tasks and Responsibilities of the Vice Dean for Graduate Studies and Scientific Research:
• Implements and follows up post-graduate studies and research policies;
• Supervises post-graduate studies processes, and coordinates with departments;
• Supervises the vice-deanship's subdivisions;
• Supervises the programs and activities meant to develop the college's academic staff;
• Encourages research, and establishes partnerships with other universities;
• Coordinates with research centers and think-tanks to make the college's research participations more refined, and to enhance the college's role as a pioneer of research;
• Encourages the establishment of high-quality cathedra (scientific chairs), and specialized research excellence centers;
• Follows up updating the vice-deanship's website (regarding its work, tasks, and major activities); and
• Establishes the databases necessary for work monitoring, and prepares the required regular reports.