Establishing the College
The College of Arabic Language was established pursuant to the Royal Decree issued on 21 Zul Hijjah 1401 A.H. It initially encompassed five departments established on 27 Sha'abn 1402 A.H., namely:
Currently, the college contains only four departments after closing the Department of the Languages of Islamic Societies.
The mission of the College of Arabic Language is to prepare a distinguished scientific staff in the teaching of Arabic language and literature, furnish a qualitative addition to the scientific research, and provide scientific services to the community through the following procedures:
1. Raising the efficiency of university professors specialized in the various disciplines of Arabic Language, so that they can fully accomplish their mission.
2. Preparing a generation of distinguished teachers and researchers, and developing the talents of the innovative youth, who are capable of meeting the requirements of sustainable development.
3. Entrenching an ideological, developing linguistic culture.
4. Establishing an intellectual base that stems from the nation's identity in the intellectual perceptions and methodological procedures, based on investing the strategic advantages of the holy city of Mecca.
5. Adapting modern technology for education, scientific research and community service.