Jobs Available for the Graduates of the Department of Computer Science:
The department enables its graduates to work in the following fields:
- Companies specializing in computer systems as well as internet services and applications, such as telecommunication companies.
- Government and private companies and institutions, such as the Royal Commission of Jubail and Yanbu, the Saudi Monetary Agency, the Technical and Vocational Training Corporation (TVTC), Saudi Aramco, the Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC), Petro Rabigh, the Saudi Electricity Company, the National Water Company, Saudi Airlines, Riyadh Metro, and the Haramain Train. This is in addition to the different information centers, such as the National Information Center, the Communication and Information Technology Commission, the Capital Market Authority of Saudi Arabia, and the Investment Commission.
- Ministries, universities, and schools affiliated to the Ministry of Education (general and university education), as well as private education.
- The research field: King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology (working as assistant scientific researcher).
There are also several ministries and government companies and institutions that employ the graduates of the Department of Computer Science.
Job Titles, According to the Ministry of Civil Service:
- System analyst and designer (7th rank).
- Administrator of information technology projects (7th rank).
- Designer and developer of information technology programs (7th rank).
- Technical support specialist (7th rank).
- Publication controller (7th rank).
- Information technology specialist (7th rank).
- Teacher (7th rank).
Conditions for Admission:
- The applicant must hold a secondary school certificate (or an equivalent) from the Saudi Kingdom or abroad.
- The secondary school certificate or its equivalent must have been awarded recently (not exceeding 5 years). The University Council is entitled to waive this condition for some students if there are convincing reasons.
- The applicant must be known for his good behavior.
- The applicant must pass any test or interview requested by the University Council.
- The applicant must meet any other conditions stipulated by the University Council, which will be announced at the time of submission.
- The applicant must not have been dismissed from the university for academic or disciplinary reasons.
- The student must not have been dismissed from any other university for disciplinary reasons.