The College of Computer and Information Systems at Umm Al-Qura University was established in 1426H. It includes three academic departments; computer engineering, computer science, and information systems, all of which awards bachelor degree. The college also awards the Master degree in computer science and engineering. The college became internationally accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET). It includes 230 members of teaching staff, and 3500 students to achieve the college's vision and its noble mission.
Our core values include; quality, excellence, leadership, holding high spirit of teamwork, Academic freedom, fairness, integrity, transparency, accountability and continued education.
- Preparing national specialized cadres highly qualified in the fields of science and engineering of computer and information system.
- Developing and updating academic plans of the college in a manner that copes with the global developments together with paying attention to the technical and applied aspects of the study program and the practical training.
- Attaching more attention to the technical and scientific skills of the student and qualifying them according to their scope of competence.
- Giving graduates the opportunity to continue their higher education in the college's specialties.
- Supporting and encouraging scientific research in all specialties of the college including the applied and technical ones.