Procedures for Supervisor Appointment and Topic Registration
a. Thesis Project (Research Plan):
First: Each student wishing to register a master's thesis course shall submit the Thesis Project (Research Plan) containing the following:
1. Research title.
2. Name of nominated supervisor.
3. Literature review.
4. Research problem.
7. References as seen appropriate by the nominated supervisor.
Second: The Thesis Project (Research Plan) should not be less than 4 and not exceed 8 pages.
Third: The proposal shall be submitted via the forms approved by the Vice Deanship of the College for Graduate Studies and Scientific Research. The forms are available in (Word or Latex) on the Vice Deanship’s website. To get the forms, please click the following link:
b. Procedural Sequence to Submit a Research Plan:
- The student shall send the research plan to the nominated supervisor, who in turn shall send it to two staff members chosen in coordination with the master's program coordinator. This tripartite committee is called the Internal Oversight Committee, which is considered the proposed committee to discuss the master’s thesis.
- The committee shall evaluate the research plan using the Evaluation Form on the graduate studies website of the College of Computer and Information Systems. To access the form, please click this link: https://uqu.edu.sa/cis/App/FILES/36542
- The Committee shall choose one of the following actions:
- Approve the research plan as it is.
- Approve the research plan with modifications.
- Disapproval of the research plan by both committee members. In this case, the nominated supervisor shall decide to choose one of the following options:
- The research plan shall be returned to the student. Thus, the student shall be asked to write a new research plan.
- The nominated supervisor shall ask the student to give a visual presentation to the committee. Then, the committee's opinion shall be discussed.
- If the proposal was approved by one of the committee members and rejected by the other, the nominated supervisor shall decide to choose one of the following options:
- Meeting with the disapproving committee member to discuss the reasons for rejection and trying to find convincing amendments to this committee member.
- Choosing an alternative committee member to receive the proposal for approval or disapproval.
- Following the approval of the research plan by the committee, the nominated supervisor shall send the final research plan and the two evaluation forms filled in by the members of the Internal Oversight Committee to the Vice Dean of the College for Graduate Studies and Scientific Research. In addition, the nominated supervisor shall fill in, sign and send Form307 from the website of the Graduate Studies Deanship. To access the form, please click this link: https://uqu.edu.sa/gs/App/FILES/15296
- The Vice Dean of the College for Graduate Studies and Scientific Research shall send the research plan to the Department Council to which the nominated supervisor is affiliated in order to complete the remaining procedures according to the regulations.