Under the supervision of His Excellency Dr. Khalid Al-Mutairi, the Dean of E-Learning Education, the Deanship of E-Learning and Distance Education, in collaboration with the Joint First Year Club, organized an introductory workshop entitled "Digital Learning Platforms: Safe Environment and Better Output." The workshop was presented by Dr. Al-As`ad Qasim Al-Sumairani on Monday, 6 Jumada Al-Thani, 1440 A.H., corresponding to 11 February 2019, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in the theater of the Joint First Year deanship (3).
The workshop discussed the following topics:
- The importance of e-learning in improving the educational process and output.
- Technological revolution and the emergence of digital learning platforms.
- Introducing the most prominent international and Arab platforms.
- Introducing the Saudi Open Educational Resources Platform (SHMS)
- Introducing the e-learning system of Umm Al-Qura University and the most important tools it contains.
- There was a constructive dialogue between students and the teaching staff about open educational resources and digital learning platforms. They also discussed the various incentives and competitions organized by the Ministry of Education and Umm Al-Qura University to spread the culture of e-learning, and to share scientific and academic work with the academic community.