The College of Social Sciences aims at:
- Bringing up graduates educated in a modern way, still within the Islamic scope of thoughts and beliefs. The college is, therefore, setting the basic rules of the genuine Islamic perspective on the sciences provided within the programs offered by the college as part of the duty of the Islamic nation towards taking these basic rules as a cornerstone for research and study.
- Contributing to meet the Saudi increasing need for technicians specialized in various theoretical and applied fields to execute development programs and plans. Therefore, the College aimed at providing specialists in the following sectors at the beginning of its establishment:
- - The Educational Sector: The future need for academically and educationally qualified graduates is going to increase in certain specializations within the College of Social Sciences in order to fulfill the Saudi need for national teachers. This need will be satisfied in tandem with the College of Education, which will provide graduates with the necessary educational preparation and qualification.
- - The Planning Sector: Among the primary objectives of the College is providing specialists in regional and town planning as the KSA is going through a prominent economic, demographic, agricultural and constructional development, which requires proper scientific planning. The specializations provided by the College qualify it to fruitfully and positively contribute to this development as they cover the geographical and demographic nature of Saudi Arabia as well as foreign expertise in investment as well as other fields.
- - The Governmental Services Sector: The College of Social Sciences graduates generations of educated, specialized persons qualified to cover the shortage suffered by governmental services sectors within several ministries, organizations and authorities, such as the social, psychological and administrative services sector. The college, thus, contributes to providing the human resources and power needed to execute development programs in these establishments.
- Promoting scientific research in the specializations provided by the College through focusing and working on:
- - Studying civilizational, cultural and social phenomena of the Arabian Peninsula in general and Saudi Arabia in particular in terms of the global general understanding of such phenomena.
- - Encouraging the utilization of natural and human resources in Saudi Arabia as well as paying special regard to land uses, environmental problems and planning; in addition to assessing the results, suggestions and recommendations in tandem with relevant governmental bodies. The College is after opening the way for such research in which all relevant bodies are to collaborate.
- - Laying the foundation for specialized postgraduate studies in relevant departments and fostering such a trend so that the college copes with the general plan of Saudi universities.