The Deanship of Students Affairs was established in 1391, first as an administration of students’ affairs in Makkah branch, then as a deanship for both Makkah and Taif branches in 1975.
The Deanship is responsible for the welfare of the students and their educational, social, cultural and physical preparation. It also shoulders the responsibility of strengthening their religious beliefs and providing them with all the means that would contribute to their academic excellence.
Objectives of the Deanship of Students’ Affairs:
1- To Promote healthy social relations between the students on the basis of the noble Islamic principles.
2- To Promote self reliance, leadership and objective thinking among students by giving them the opportunity to be responsible for planning, execution, follow up and evaluation of their activities and the services provided for them.
3- To help the students to attain the best academic progress by discovering the problems they might face and solving them.
4- To Enhance the spirit of teamwork, cooperation and mutual support.
5- To Identify gifted students and give them special attention and guidance.
6- To help the university students in utilizing their leisure time in the activities that suit their interests and needs, and contribute to their behavioral and mental development.
The Deanship of Student's Affairs is responsible for the supervision of the services and activities that are offered to the students in the cultural and social areas that the students may take part in. The students receive direct attention based on the principles of Islam to help them in their educational and psychological progress. This attention is manifested through various activities and services such as the following:
1. Students’ activities.
2. Students’ employment.
3. Students’ mail services.
4. Students’ housing.
5. Summer centers.
6. The Guest House (Dar Al-Diyafa)
7. Students’ catering
The students’ activities include four departments that consist of fourteen clubs. These are as follows:
(1) The Department of Cultural Activities. It includes the following clubs:
1. The Students’ Cultural Club.
2. The Islamic Awareness Club.
3. The Students’ Theater.
(2) The Department of Social Activities. It includes the following clubs:
1. The Students’ Social Club.
2. The General Students’ Club.
3. Al-Noor Club For Blind Students.
4. The Foreign Students Club.
(3) The Department of Public Relations and Media For Student's Activities: It includes the following clubs:
1. The Information Office (Manar Al-Jamm'ah).
2. The Public Relations Office.
3. The Light Photography Club .
(4) The Department of Scientific and Aesthetical Activities:
1. The Scouts Club.
2. The Scientific Inventions Club.
3. The Aesthetical Talents Club.
4. The Computer Club.
Deanship of Students’ Affairs
PO Box: 1065. Makkah, K.S.A.
Telephone: (02) 5588647 ; Fax: (02) 5588647