The libraries of Shari'a College and The College of Education were amalgamated in 1971in an independent building to make the Central Library of the university. The Central Library serves the university community and Makkah region in the various academic, cultural and research activities.
The Central Library has the most important material on the Two Holy Mosques of Makkah and Madina in the Hall of The Custodian of The Two Holy Mosques. The Central Library embraces all information resources such as books, periodicals. Documents, manuscripts, audio-visual material, maps and atlases, and other electronically read material. These services are provided by the following departments:
1. The Department of Library Users Services.
2. The Department of Scripts, Dissertations, and Audio-visual Materials.
3. The Department of Technical Procedures.
4. The Department of Exchange and Official Publications.
5. The Department of Special Collections.
6. The Hall of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques.
7. The Teaching Staff Hall.
8. The Department of Planning, Follow Up, Organizations and Research.
9. The Computer Department.
Due to its central place in the teaching and research processes, the university library has received considerable attention so that it can provide its services in an efficient manner. Resources of the library branches in Makkah (at the males and the females sections) and at Taif witness continuing improvement in both holdings and technology for the best possible services.
The Deanship of Library Affairs
PO Box (715), Makkah, KSA
Telephone: (02) 5565621 ; Fax: (02) 5565621